Today we decided to have a go at making banana cake. It is one of those deliciously moreish things that never seem to last in our house. It’s really simple and a fantastic use for those bananas that are a bit too ripe.
Here is the original recipe we were supposed to follow courtesy of test subject A’s mum.
2 ripe bananas
5oz sugar (I use a bit less and add extra banana)
Pinch of salt (I don’t bother)
1. Mash bananas
2. Cream marge and sugar
3. Beat in eggs
4. Add flour salt and banana
5. Add any extras like choc chips/chunks cardomon seeds etc.
Line baking tin with baking paper or if you haven’t any, grease the tin well.
Bake at gas 5 , 190°c ( the recipe I have says 1hour but its never taken that long when I’ve made it. Try about 20 minutes then check.
Here’s what we did:
Warning we may have messed up slightly although it was still tasty. For this reason we suggest you follow the above recipe. And read directions before beginning (unlike us).
1) We took 3 overripe bananas and mushed them using a fork in a glass bowl.
2) Next we added the sugar and butter (soya pure) into the same bowl (this is where we went wrong).
3) We mixed these together to get a smooth mixture.
4) We beat the eggs in a separate cup. Then added them to the bowl.
5) We added the flour, a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of chilli and mixed well.
6) We poured the mix into a silicon cake tray (hoping it would all fit).
7) We turned on the oven to 190 degrees ( forgot to do this earlier)
8) We waited for the oven to heat up. And used this time to wash up our stuff and put away the ingredients.
9) The mix went in the oven. And we waited again.
10) After 20 minutes we checked the cake but it was still very gooey.
11) We kept checking on it at regular intervals until cooked. (tested by sticking a normal knife into the cake and waiting for it to come out clean)
12) Once it had cooled it was well received.
- banana cake… (justalittlebitloudernow.com)
- Chocolate Banana Bread (bakingpapers.wordpress.com)
- Banana Upside down Cake (pamsfoodcourt.wordpress.com)
- Cooking with Chloe: ‘Going Bananas’ Banana Bread (carpentersquill.wordpress.com)
- Buttermilk Hummingbird Cake (tamaraleighauthor.wordpress.com)
- Banana Bread, Stepped Up (acougarinthekitchen.com)
- Banana and Poppy Seed Muffins (houseofclicks.wordpress.com)
- Sour Cream Banana Cake Recipe (thetexasfoodnetwork.wordpress.com)
- Healthier Strawberry Banana Bread is Here to Save Your Fruit (lavenderandbrokenbones.wordpress.com)
- Epic Banana Bundt Cake (foodologie.com)