Last minute Christmas chaos
Christmas is approaching in fact its only 3 days away. It’s a bit late to be suggesting ideas for presents, wrapping or organisation however many of us will still have last minute preparations to complete and people to visit before new year’s eve.
I have been asked to remind you by subject A that when in doubt there is always the option of the 24hr petrol station. Who doesn’t love a free bumper sticker or windscreen cleaner?
For those of you who still need gift ideas here are a few of my favourite easy to make pressies:
Personalised crokery -Anything from a mug to plate to bowl can be customised using a sharpie marker and 30 mins in the oven:
- To start you need a white mug some sharpie markers I use black for writing quotes but colours are fine too.
- Design- anything you want draw or write make it personal to you and the person your gifting
- Pop it in the oven whilst cold (it needs to heet gradually to prevent cracking)
- Turn the oven to 175C or 350 F
- Leave the mug in the oven for 30 mins
- turn the oven off leaving the mug in untill cool
- Gently handwash, dry and giftwrap.
Cake mix in a jar- put all the dry ingredients for a cake together in a jar make a handmade label with the recipe and instructions and wrap. My favourite variation of this which is bread rather than cake in a bottle can be found on messynessychic’s website (link below)
http://lifehacker.com/5992703/use-a-sharpie-to-make-custom-coffee-mugs-personalized-plates-and-more – just one website with instructions for personalising your crokery.
http://www.popsugar.com/smart-living/Sharpie-Mug-DIY-Project-24955886 – another website with instructions and ideas for diy gifts
http://www.messynessychic.com/2014/12/17/this-diy-gift-guide-rules-cheap-last-minute-ideas/- some cute and quirky diy gift ideas.
http://www.sunset.com/food-wine/holidays-occasions/quick-bread-in-a-bottle – recipe by messynessychic for bread in a bottle.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/23/8-diy-gift-ideas-20-minutes_n_4492789.html – 8 quick gift ideas